Your online resource on machine-to-machine (m2m) and internet of things (iot) technologies, news, views and more...
Inaugurated in April 2013, www.m2m2iotpaper.com is a world-class news and resource portal of latest machine-to-machine (m2m) and internet of things (iot) information. m2m2iotpaper.com is an initiative in the domain of machine-to-machine (m2m) and internet of things (iot) technologies and its applications on key Industry Verticals namely, Agriculture, Automotive, Automation, Electronics, Healthcare, Oil & Gas, Security, Supply Chain, Telecom, Transportation, Telematics, Utility and a dedicated section on Smart Cities. m2m2iotpaper.com has very high quality collection of resources and references such as; articles, case studies, white papers, videos, interviews and events from across verticals of the machine-to-machine (m2m) and internet of things (iot) eco-system and value chain. The portal is an interactive medium for machine-to-machine (m2m) and internet of things (iot) stakeholders to connect through several innovative mediums like Facebook, Google+, Linkedin, Meet-up and Twitter.
m2m2iotpaper.com is owner of the prestigious forums, namely;
- India m2m2iot Forum
- India Smart Cities Forum
- India Smart Villages Forum
- IoTDAY Fest India
- India Smart Automotive Forum
- India Smart Supply Chain Forum
m2m2iotpaper.com is a part of Origin Business Services Private Limited, a registered company under the Registrar Of Companies, National Capital Territory Of Delhi and Haryana, in the State/Union Territory of Delhi, and country India.
India, with more than a billion telecom users, strong telecom companies, who took telecom services to all parts of the country, at tariffs which are lowest in the world, hardware/software technical services companies, fine academic institutions and R&D organizations engaged in cutting edge research, has the necessary wherewithal to contribute to the field of telecom standards.
Who are we? Telecommunications Standards Development Society, India (TSDSI) came into existence on 7th January 2014 as an outcome of Government of India’s resolve vide the National Telecom Policy (NTP 2012). It is recognized by the Department ofTelecom (DoT), Government of India as the Indian Telecom Standards Development Organization. Our objectives are:
- Developing, promoting and standardizing India- specific Telecom/ICT requirements and solutions
- Taking Indian requirements to global standards organizations
- Creating and Safe- guarding related IPRs
- Helping create standards based manufacturing expertise in the country
- Providing guidance and leadership to developing countries
Our memberships TSDSI Study/Working Groups include representatives of DoT/Telecom Engineering Centre (TEC)/Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY).
TSDSI Governing Council has representatives elected by the member organizations from Industry, Academia, R&D & nominees from the Govt.
- Telecom operators & VAS providers
- R&D/ Test Labs
- Develop new standards to support India specific Telecom/ICT requirements based on research and innovation in India.
- Distil new items for standardisation after analysing prevalent global standards for applicability to Indian requirements.
- Coordinate, contribute and work with global SDOs. Facilitate representation of Indian needs in global industry-driven bodies such as 3GPP, oneM2M etc. and ensure that home-grown technologies become part of international standards.
- Follow a consensus based approach, enforcing a methodical and transparent, open-to-all-members (Industry, Government and Academia) process while generating standards. Adhere to the principles of Openness, Transparency, Fairness, Consensus and due Process in conducting its activities.
- Maintain technology neutrality and provide a uniform playing field for its members.
- Represent the views of its membership to DoT and other Government bodies on matters concerning policy, regulatory and standardization issues in the field of telecom.
- ATIS, US
- ETSI, Europe
- TTA, KOREA
- ARIB, TTC, Japan
- CCSA, China
TSDSI is a constituent SDO of Global Standards Collaboration (GSC) – a voluntary forum of the world’s leading information and communication technologies standards organizations (SDOs).
TSDSI is the Organizational Partner of 3GPP. This entitles TSDSI members to become Individual Members of 3GPP through TSDSI and take their IPR into the global arena. This also enables them to contribute in the development upcoming standards such as 5G.
TSDSI is Partner Type I of oneM2M, one the leading forums driving M2M service layer standards. This entitles TSDSI member organizations to become Individual Members of oneM2M and contribute to standards development in M2M space.
Technical standardization activities are carried out through Study Groups (SG) and Working Groups (WG). Currently we have the following SG/WGs:
- Radio Network Evolution & Spectrum
- Core Networks
- India Languages
- Optical Access & Transport
- Energy Efficiency
Issues currently being studied include 5G & related technologies (mmwave, massive MIMO, new waveform techniques), NFV/SDN, 4G evolution, dynamic RAN, embedded SIM, spectrum issues, security and energy efficiency, support for Indian languages on devices (user terminals, mobile network equipment & applications)
TSDSI has initiated a multi-year cooperation project with European Union focussing on the areas of 5G, NFV/SDN and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
The details of various technical activities can be viewed on TSDSI website at tsdsi.org/standards.
An organization can join TSDSI as a Corporate member or as an Associate member.
CORPORATE :Eligible entities
Entities registered in India, viz., Manufacturing Companies, Research and Development Centres, Network and Terminal Vendors, Network Operators, Service Providers, Regulatory Bodies, Government Departments /Bodies, Academic Institutions
Privileges: Voting rights in decision making and hold office bearing positions
Showcase their innovations and IP
Contribute to and Influence standards at national and international levels (including 3GPP and oneM2M)
ASSOCIATE: Associations of Stakeholders, Foreign entities
CONTRIBUTE TO standardization activities
For membership details refer to our website. Our IPR Policy document is available at http://tsdsi.org/standards/ document/tsdsi-ipr-policy
Secretariat office: TSDSI, 635-636, 6th Floor, Tower A, Spaze I-Tech Park, Sector 49, Gurgaon 122002, Haryana, India.
Telecom Centres of Excellence, set up in Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode, are an example of the Government, the Academia and the Industry working together for the sustained growth and progress of the country in the Telecom sector. The idea of Telecom Centres of Excellence was initiated with the shared realization, by the Government and the Telecom Industry, that boosting the growth of telecommunications was essential for the overall progress of the country. It was conceptualized in May 2007 and brought into existence by February 2008 with the signing of 7 MoUs between DoT, participating premier Academic Institutes and the sponsors from the Telecom Industry. The eighth TCOE with participation of Railtel came up in Jun 5th 2013.The TCOEs set up in Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode, are an excellent example of the Government, the Academia and the Industry working together for the sustained growth and progress of the country.
The eight largest Telco’s have joined the initiative as Principal Sponsors. The pairing and focus areas of each centre were as follows:-
- Aircel is with TCOE at IISc Bangalore - Information security and Disaster Management of Telecom Infrastructure
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (BSNL) is with TCOE at IIT, Kanpur - Multimedia and Telecom, Cognitive Radio and Computational Mathematics
- Bharti Airtel is with TCOE at IIT Delhi - Telecom Technology and Management
- Idea Cellular is with TCOE at IIM Ahmedabad - Telecom Policy, Regulation, Customer care • Reliance Communications is with TCOE at IIT Madras - Telecom Infrastructure (Active and Passive) and Energy
- Tata Teleservices is with TCOE at IIT Bombay - Rural Telecom Technology
- Vodafone Essar is with TCOE at IIT Kharagpur - Next Generation Networks and Technology
- RailTel is with TCOE at IIT Roorkee ICT and Broadband Applications
TCOEs are created for promoting development of new technologies, to generate IPRs, incubate innovations and promote entrepreneurship to position India as a global leader in telecom innovation and making India a hub of telecom equipment manufacturing.
TCOE were set up with the sole idea of promoting Research and Development and for promotion ofentrepreneurship and innovation aspects in the ICT and Telecom sector. TCOEs have opened up their research platform to all the stakeholders of ICT sector for enabling industry driven research through a competitive process. For this purpose, a TCOE may have collaboration with other academic institutions and funding for the projects would be accessed from Government, industry and VCs etc. on competitive basis.
We, thus, invite budding entrepreneurs, researchers, industry and academicians to be a part of TCOE India initiative for Research & Development of application oriented marketable technologies by sharing their research interests and projects. The ideas/projects would be evaluated in confidence and data security would be adhered to by circulation among the TCOEs and the Steering Committee on strictly need to know basis.
Benefits to Researchers:
- IPRs to Global Standards
- Platform for transforming IDEAS into Market Ready Products
- Support for becoming an Entrepreneur
- Wider Research Portfolio in ICT
- Provisions of Joint Research
- Exposure to Industry issues; More Job Ready
Benefits to Industry:
- Excellent Low Cost R&D Platform with Superior Intellectual Mass
- SPOC for Industry Issues
- Common platforms for Academia, IndAnchorustry, & Govt.
- Industry CSR platform for Incubation
- Potential Value Addition for ‘Make in India’
- Industry Ready Talent Pool
India m2m + iot Forum 2016 Highlights!
- 3 Key Forums over 2 Days – All at ONE PLACE - 100% SHARED PLATFORM
- India m2m + iot Forum 2016
- India Smart Cities Forum 2016
- India Smart Villages Forum 2016
- Featuring over 90+ Speakers over 2 days - Key Decision Makers, Top Executive Level Speakers, Disruptors and Innovators
- 14 x Industry Verticals - Agriculture, Automotive, Automation, Big Data, Cloud Computing, Electronics, Health Care, Oil & Gas, Security, Supply Chain Logistics, Telecom, Telematics, Transportation and Utility as well as Smart Cities and Smart Villages
- 350+ C-Level Participants
- 10 extensive hours of Networking each DAY
- State-of-the-art EXHIBIT’s by industry veterans and innovative STARTup's Visit to Exhibition is FREE with visitors registration